Friday, March 21, 2014

Blogging

This is my first blog.

Ever!

So please forgive me as I learn the ins and outs of blogging.  I was so excited about my first post yesterday!  I told my dad and my BFF.  I was so disappointed when I didn't receive ANY comments.  I shared my disappointment with my son.  

His response was, "Mooommmm (Whiny inflection was used)- They can't comment because you didn't allow them to in the "such & such" section of the blah, blah, blah in SETUP."

Rolling of the eyes, duh?

Well … I meant to…

If I had actually KNOWN there was a "such & such" section of the blah, blah, blah in SETUP I would have done it!

You know how your parents have sayings that stick with you from childhood ?

For instance, my dad's are:

"Life's not fair"
and
"It builds character"

My children, I think, will remember their dad saying. "Go figure it out!"

After 43 years of life, I've learned a thing or two about myself... Maybe …

I actually learn best when I am shown rather than figuring it out.  
YES - this sometimes involves physically holding my hand and walking me through the steps! 

Oh - I think I just felt my husband ROLL HIS EYES . . .
Oh - I think I just heard my dad say, "It builds character to figure it out"

Okay - Now, I'm rolling my eyes . . .(We need to work on this habit in our family)

Fortunately for me - I am the mother of a technically savvy kid who came out of the womb knowing how to work any technical gadget and if, by some remote chance, he doesn't know how it works …
He can "Go figure it out!"

So - The Technically Savvy Son is going to hold my hand and walk me through this blog since I'm his mom.  Rolling of the Eyes . . .

"Life is SO NOT fair"

I'm not a fan of Facebook or Twitter or other social media.
I'm not really sure why…

It just rubs me the wrong way. . .

I think, it is just the process of data entry is so time consuming.

I have a friend in Singapore with a teaching background.  She conducted several seminars and as an "ice breaker", she said they would often ask you to name your favourite "office supply".  Her favourite is "post-it notes".  Mine has to be the Yellow Legal size pad!

I am a list maker!

I make lists for everything!  It is how I organise my life!

I don't know if it is the girl in me or what, but I prefer cursive.  I like to doodle.  I make different fonts in my own handwriting.  I use different colours.  I love arrows.

It isn't the same on the computer.  AND YES - I have used the tools on the computer - I'm not THAT technically ignorant.

I have shared with the "Technically Savvy Son" that if he would like to make the BIG MONEY like Bill Gates and others …
He needs to come up with a computer that is just like the YELLOW LEGAL PAD - the YLP. Ha Ha!

Same size
Same weight
Copies exactly what I've written, the way I have written it - doodles, fonts, colours, etc.
Distributes, files, and sorts with one click of a button!

Doesn't that sound great?!

Well . . . Until the Technically Savvy Son creates the YLP - this blog site will have to wait until I "figure it out" to work out the quirks.

Have a great day!

P.S. - On proofreading this post, I realise my computer is spell checking to British spelling of English.  I'm sure this is an easy fix . . . one click away in the blah, blah, blah part of SETUP!
Rolling the eyes . . .
Don't have time to "Figure it out"
Will wait for Tech Savvy Son to come home from school and hold my hand!


1 comment:

  1. I'm the aforementioned dad, and I assure you that I need TechSavvyGrandson much more than Mom. I've tried three times to post a comment and failed all three. Mumble, mumble, life, character, fair, mumble.
    Kudos to Pamela. She's already surpassed me in the quantity and quality of her blogs. Way to go, daughter!

    ReplyDelete