Friday, March 28, 2014

The scourges of Spring

After expounding on all my loves of Spring . . .

Life is wonderful . . . Blah, blah, blah

I walk out to this!


This is ONE of the scourges of Spring!



POLLEN!!!


Here in Texas - it is insidious!

It coats everything with this chartreuse, mustard colour. It covers your newly planted herbs, your car, your hair, EVERYTHING!!!





This is my threshold 

Though WIttyGirl's toe prints are cute, the pollen is gross and tracks into my house!!!

It doesn't help to leave your shoes outside (Singapore style) because . . . 

Look how gross!!!

Would you want to put your clean feet into these???? (Incidentally, these are TechSavvySon's shoes and NOT mine - Just thought you should know!)

So this POLLEN . .  . will get in my house and body!

My eyes feel heavy and I want to scratch them out!!!!

AHHHHH!!!!

RAIN is the only cure for this malady!  However, I don't want it to rain because I just saw the sun after what seems like years!

This DOES NOT OCCUR in Singapore - probably because of the daily torrential downpour! There are plenty of flowers in Singapore - so I know there is pollen - maybe all the bugs take care of it!


The second scourge of Spring is its fickle habit of reverting back to winter temperatures. This is, of course, after you have bought your cute new outfit or packed away your winter clothes or assumed that had to be the last freeze and just planted your veggies!

I saw my breath as I walked the kids to the bus stop!!!! My nose turned red and my chin felt numb!!! And NO, it was not the pollen - It was the just above freezing temperature.

Don't get me wrong - I'm still loving Spring.

Just pollen & temperatures threw my perspective back in to balance.

Every season has its pluses and minuses!


1 comment: