Thursday, March 27, 2014

For the love of Target!

Target

The store American Expat women long for. . .

I know that non-Americans and men in general, do not understand the lure of Target!
Target is a few steps above Walmart, but has nicer things, in nicer displays, with a slightly better quality product at only a slightly higher price, but still cheaper than a department store. 

It lures you in . . . with that Red bullseye dot that announces, "What you seek can be found inside!"

Come in. . .

To top it off - they now put a Starbuck's right inside the Target stores to keep you there 

looking. . .

browsing. . .


Before you know it you have spent half the morning in the the store and still haven't been through the whole store!

This is fine if you are an expat visiting the USA on holiday because really, is there anything else you want to do? Plus, you have what seems like all the time in the world to read all the Shampoo bottles and determine which one will best defend against the inevitable frizz that occurs in Singapore or summertime in Houston.

As a repatriate, you have lost this "free time"!  You are supposed to get in and get out, but . . .

OH . . .LOOK . . .

They have put out Easter towels . . . I wonder - Have they put out new spring dishes ? ? ?

Let's go see . . .

Yea! Look at all the lovely bright, fresh colours . . .

OH. . . LOOK. . .

Easter Candy & chocolate . . .

And that is how it happens!

You just spent the whole morning in Target when you had a TON of other stuff you should be doing!

Europe and Asia do not have TARGET stores!

Or anything close!

Now - Australia has Target stores.

But lo,and behold! (I crack myself up)

These are NOT the same.  You have to go to an American Target Store to have the true shopping experience!

Singapore will NEVER have a Target because somehow they would turn the $7.99 cute Mossimo blouse made in Indonesia (right next door) into a $70.00 outrage that they then, would reduce to a promotion for $50.00!!!!!

They just wouldn't get the "beauty" that is Target!

Sadly, over the Christmas holiday season - Target let its consumers down by exposing them to hackers!!!!
Hopefully, by now, all is well with both consumer and company.  Lots of expat consumers are coming for the summer holiday and they NEED to able to shop with assurance and safety!!!

I've blogged about Target today because I'm headed there shortly.  

TSS- TechSavvySon informed me this morning, as he was headed to the bus
stop, that he has a Science project due tomorrow that involves creating a model of a body organ!
This is why Target was created!  This is also why expat mothers of teenage boys long for Target!

"How long ago was this project assigned?", I asked.
TSS replied, "I dunno. Couple weeks." 
I stated, "If you had let me know this weekend, I could have gotten your supplies sooner to give more time actually DO a GOOD job!"
TEENAGE BOY BRAIN SYNDROME

I could not have found all the supplies needed with such sort notice in Singapore because I'd have to call a taxi(hope it comes on time), go to several different places to pick up the different items, all at astronomical prices and hope to make it home, walking the half mile from the MRT before the afternoon torrential downpour that would render all the supplies useless, if I got caught in it!

THANK GOD FOR TARGET!

Please God, work on a cure for  TEENAGE BOY BRAIN SYNDROME so I don't pull all my hair out in exasperation!

Well - I'm off to Target. . .

I'll try not to spend ALL morning there, but . . . 

They just put out some Gardening stuff . . .

Hmm, I just might need to take a look. . .

I'm thirsty - - -

Oh - There's Starbuck's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment