Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Sewing - and they are up!

I took on the challenge!  I haven't been posting on the blog because I've been doing this!


I actually used a sewing machine!


Then, I actually used thread and needle.

Here's where the Engineer Extraordinaire came in.  He built the frames for the curtains to hang from.  I appreciate all his calculations.  I think they turned out great!

What about you?




Not too bad for a person who really doesn't know how to sew!  I think they are beautiful even though I know they aren't perfect.  You won't know the flaws unless I point them out so - I won't!


While I was at the fabric store I found a bolt of fabric at a discount price that would be perfect to recover my dining room chairs.


Now, these chairs were in storage here in Houston for the four years I was in Singapore.  They came out of storage looking a little sad!  I don't know if it was the heat or humidity or what, but the seats were stained and it wasn't a pretty sight!

I don't have before pictures - which is sad because it was more work than I imagined to recover them.  I have recovered chairs before (It doesn't require sewing - just a staple gun - which I am an expert with!)
These chairs, however, were a pain!!!!

The covering on the seat was the original and I think they must have been stapled with some high-powered machine!  I could NOT get under the staples to remove them!  They were sooooo tight!  I had to call in the big guns!  The Engineer Extraordinaire was busy with other "stuff" so MoustacheMan came to my rescue.  He got the staples loosened with an ice pick and a hammer tapped under them and then GG and I removed them with pliers.  This should have been easy!  It turned into a 3 day event!

However, here are the results!


I LOVE THEM!



One step closer  to  a finished house . . .

Here's hoping you GO FOR IT on those projects that might be a little out of your comfort zone!

Remember:

"It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful" - The Nester

1 comment: